The Water Authority offers these generous incentives to help make your landscape more water-efficient:
- 25% off the cost of multi-setting sprinkler controller.
- 25% off the cost of renting equipment for removal of grass (e.g. sodcutter, backhoe or Bobcat) when participating in the xeriscape rebate program. Maximum rebate credit - $50.
- Compost: 25% of the cost (when participating in the xeriscape rebate program. Maximum rebate): $100 per account.
- $25 each for purchase of rain sensors, pressure regulation valves and pressure vacuum break (PVB) backflow prevention valves, atmospheric vacuum breaks (AVB) do not qualify. One rebate for each item will be granted per account, unless there is more than one irrigation system for the account.
- Rainwater Harvesting rebates for rain barrels and cisterns are based upon the amount of rain that can be stored.
- $25 for 50 - 149 gallons
- $50 for 150 – 299 gallons
- $75 for 300 – 499 gallons
- $100 for 500 – 999 gallons
- $125 for 1000 – 1499 gallons
- $150 for 1500 gallons and over
- High efficiency rotating sprinkler nozzle (multi-stream): $2 per head.
- Up to $100 (residential) and $500 (commercial) for professional tree care or purchase of new trees. See Tree-Bates below.
- Xeriscape rebates for turf removal. Click here for more information.
Trees, while they do require water to survive, actually aid conservation by providing shade and reducing water loss to evaporation, not to mention the many other environmental benefits they bring to our community. In order to promote proper care in our dry climate, the Water Authority offers “Tree-Bates” to help cover the costs of tree maintenance -- and even the purchase of new trees!
is 25 percent of the cost of professional tree care, or new trees that appear on the Water Authority's xeriscape guide.
The maximum rebate for residential customers is $100
. The maximum rebate for non-residential customers is $500
. Besides the purchase of new trees, other services and items may also qualify for the rebate. Examples are: professional tree care such as pruning, fertilization, pest management, or installation. Examples of other items that may qualify are: irrigation equipment such as deep watering stakes or soil amendments such as compost.
Please Note: "Tree-Bates" are not available for the removal of trees. Customers are required to submit proof of purchase or service with rebate forms. If the rebate form is incomplete or missing proof of purchase or service, it delays processing and all documentation is returned to the customer.
In order to avoid unnecessary conflicts, it is important to select “the right tree for the right place”. Viewing what the mature tree looks like in the landscape can be very helpful for this decision. See links below for self-guided tree tours at the UNM main campus and the Rio Grande Botanic Garden..
How to Apply
Customers may print and submit the completed Rebate Form (1.5MB pdf) with the required proof of purchase receipt(s). Please return by email at email@example.com or by mail to:
P.O. Box 568
Albuquerque, NM 87103
Click Here to download rebate requirements.
Please Note: Downloadable Rebate Forms are in pdf format. PDF files can only be read using Adobe Acrobat Reader Software.
In order to obtain a free download of Adobe Acrobat reader software, click on the Acrobat Reader icon below.